February 10, 2015
BEAUTY | MY MAKEUP ROUTINE
As this was highly requested, I decided to share with you guys my makeup/beauty routine. If you like my makeup, here are the secret ingredients to achieve my everyday makeup look :)
I have oily sensitive skin and typical Mediterranean Olive skin tone, so keep in mind that these are the products that matches my face/skin tone, although I would suggest most of these to any kind of skin types or tones :)
1. BB Cream by Bobbi Brown : I’m absolutely in love with this BB cream. Ever since I started using it my skin became so much clearer, brighter and no more breakouts :) It covers imperfections and evens the skin tone as well! During the past few years I have tried several different foundations that just didn't fit my oily sensitive skin, and this is by far the best thing I've ever came across. I would also recommend it if you want to have a natural looking finish, it's very light on the skin and doesn't appear caky. I usually add a bit of concealer on darker imperfections for a flawless finish. This BB cream also plays a role in hydrating and moisturizing my skin, that's why I don't use any cream when applying this (or else it would make my face even oilier than it is).
During the winter I use the Medium shade, and during the summer, when I'm tanner, I switch to the Medium to Dark shade.
2. Beauty Blender Sponge : For an even more natural looking complexion, I use my Beauty Blender sponge in order to avoid visible streaks when applying my BB cream. You just need to dab it in water, squish the excess, apply your foundation or concealer by "bouncing" the sponge on your face. I use the pointy part to dab my concealer under my eyes, the areas around my nostrils and any other areas a bit difficult to reach and blend. This will give you a clean coverage, and a fresh dewy look.
3. L'Oreal Telescopic False Lashes : I'm already blessed with naturally very long eyelashes (bragging much haha), but I do like to emphasize their size even more with this mascara. It doesn't smudge and holds still the whole day.
4. M.A.C amplified lipstick Fast play : I love the colors of M.A.C's Amplified lipstick line. Fast Play is by far my favorite color, along with COSMO, and Half'n'Half. Very natural nude colors perfect for an everyday look and full looking lips.
For my nights out, I usually go for a red lipstick my favorites are: Ruby Woo and Lady Danger.
5. Rimmel Exaggerated Eye Liner Black : The secret to my cat eye look. It holds on the whole day, and is very easy to use. I usually start by drawing a little triangle on the outer-corner of my eyes, then draw a line towards the inner corner of my eyes before filling the triangle (here's a little graphic explanation). I would like to add that depending on your eye shape, you would like to apply your eyeliner in a different way to enhance their beauty, so make sure you follow the natural shape of your eyes. Also if you have been struggling applying eyeliner, I would suggest you to just train yourself everyday in front of the mirror, it took me some time too, but now it only takes me a few seconds to create my cat eye look every morning :)
6. M.A.C studio finish concealer : I have the darkest circles under my eyes. No matter how much rest, vitamins or sleep I get, they just remain dark as hell! It's just genetics. I had them ever since I was a little girl...*sight* well, the only concealer that managed to cover them fully is M.A.C's studio finish concealer, I would advise it to anybody with deep blue/dark circles. This will cover everything and will insistently make you look fresh and not looking like a panda anymore (no matter how cute they are).
7. Naked2 Basics palette : This palette is perfect for an everyday mate look. I also have the NAKED 2 palette which I usually use for my Friday or Saturday night outs (the shimmery shades are perfect for a shiny smokey eye look).
And that's pretty much it! If you have any questions just let me know :) I'm thinking about making a video but I suck at video editing, so until then I hope you found this helpful.